Monday, February 8, 2016

What is going on with me?!

     A few winters ago I honestly didn't know what had overcome me.  Every time I did anything extra I would be in bed FOR DAYS with flu like symptoms.  This time it was my husbands birthday!  I went ALL out to make sure he has the perfect part, perfect cake, friends, family, and felt loved.  That was the last time I did that, for anyone in our family.  I realized something was very wrong because that same situation kept replaying in my life, I would over do it, and then I would be sick for days.  I actually started to worry something very bad was wrong with me, wondering if these scenarios in my brain would ever become my reality.     I doctored for awhile in a neighboring community chiropractor, and I thought I was healed, but turned out that we just controlled the symptoms for a bit. My husband and I had no idea, so we followed our dream and became foster parents that spring.    We felt God was leading us to do this, and we were so excited to share our home that we built with our own blood, sweat, and tears, the summer prior.  
     That spring when we became foster certified and got two beautiful girls that we had the privilege of caring for the entire summer!  They really were great little girls.  We had a great summer with them.  We taught them so much, and they taught us.  They were in t ball with our kids, we went on vacation together, planted a garden together, took care of baby animals we had just gotten, went to swimming lessons together, and shared our hearts with them!  It really was beautiful, even in all of the chaos.  Well, the time came and social services figured out a place to get the little girls to stay, with relatives.  Social services tries to keep children with family if they can not be with their parents.  Honestly, I didn't think it was in their best interest, due to the situation and underlying circumstances.    I made a fuss, called a few people, did as much as I could, and then I let it rest, after I literally could not physically do anymore.   The girls were taken to their new home, and the next several days I could barely get out of bed.  My knees ached, my body ached, I had a fever, my mind wasn't all there, I was angry, I was anxious, I kept getting stabbing pains all over, my symptom list could go on for decades.  I felt like I was alone in my hell, and after doctoring for years, no one could help me. 
     I remember going into the doctor's office and crying, not knowing what was wrong with me.  I literally felt like I had lost my mind.  That night a friend came over, we sat in my yard talking, as I cried to her about my pain.  She asked me a question that stuck in my brain, to me a sign that God wanted me to PAY ATTENTION.  She asked me, "Liz, are you sure you dont have Lyme disease?".  Funny thing is I was just tested for this, at my request.  
     The day finally came , over a month later, my second  Lyme test, from Igenix Lab, had arrived at my doctor's office.  I called, and they didnt want to tell me the results, so I decided to get in my car and just get the results.  My hell had to end, and I needed an answer.  The doc didnt want to just give me the results, he wanted to talk to me about them, so I reluctantly went back to a room and waited.  When he came in he joked how he had the results, but wouldn't give them to me!  The whole 30 seconds to find out what they were actually killed me a little!  Sure enough, I did have Lyme Disease.  I remember crying to him again, because I knew I have had it for a very long time, and I knew it would be very difficult to treat.  This is where our story began.  

     How did you react when you were first diagnosed? 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment